Monday, March 31, 2008

Nice Day In A Way

I went to exercise class today. We had a new instructor and it was nice. It is one hour of movement, stretches and slow moves. Nothing hard to do. I enjoy the class when I get there!


After class, I went to Wal-Mart and bought 7 containers of oatmeal. After the wheat scare, I wanted to have some grains on hand. I bought some fruit and noticed the prices are up. Bought 2 loaves of bread and it was $3.50 a loaf. There is cheaper bread, but Frank only likes this 15 Grain bread. Came home and made a few cards. I had previously cut out the fronts and had taped them on, so all I had to do was to finish the cards. Kathy Best sent me a cute card and some stamps. That was considerate of her but I'm just pleased she likes the cards and has good feedback on them. She likes to send cards and I make more than I'll ever use so I love to share them with others.

I got a chuck roast in a package from the grocery store. It was like the one everyone makes with mushroom soup and onion soup mix. I cooked it for 4 hrs. so the meat was tender and the veggies were like library paste! It was too salty so dad didn't eat any. There goes money in the garbage. Bad me for trying to get a good meal without all the work!

2 comments:

the Villamor's said...

sorry the roast didn't work out! Maybe next time just cook it without the soup and soup mix. The meat will be nice and tender and then you can add whatever you want to yours. Dad likes cream soup so maybe just cook it with that?

Don't throw it away! Put in the freezer for when we come over! Richard will eat it:)

The Walker Family said...

what does library paste taste like? I am giong to fix a roast tonight too. I hope it turns out better than yours, but then again, my family is just happy there is a meal to eat! TJ