Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lovely Weather

It feels so good to be outside in this warm, but not hot and sweaty weather! I weeded my little plot of Sedum Autumn Joy. Forrest pulled all of them up for me one year and I had plans to replant them somewhere else, but they spent a year in a black plastic lawn bag. I would water them now and then to keep them alive, and finally after a year of living on their own, I planted what was still alive. I think I have 6 or 7 plants that are starting to grow. I want to take care of them this time. I noticed that the Berbera Daises are pernniels so I'll have them next year too (Ha-ha, I hope they won't be insulted by my care!). There's so sign of the volunteer flowers from last year. Maybe it's too early.

Dad and I went by Collins Supply and he got a sheet of plywood to have cut into pieces. He will then make a sturdy place for his laptop to rest on when he's lying down in the living room. I got two pair of new garden gloves. I also took the tree pruning saw in to see if it needed a new blade. The blade looks awful but I was told it was still sharp. That's what I wanted to know. I think some of the Crepe Myrtle's that I planter 3 yrs. ago might have some trunks that were hurt or killed during last years drought. I really can't do much yard work, but the dream hasn't died yet. I hope it never will.

Mary Lou Hill had good news about her cancer diagnosis. The cancer hadn't gone to any of her lymph nodes so she won't have to have chemotherapy! She will have to take some anti-cancer medicine for many years. In June, I think I'll be able to stop taking the cancer medicine I take. It's been 5 years now and maybe that's long enough. It causes osteoporosis, a thinning of the bone, which can cause fractures, and I have osteoporosis. My bones should get stronger when I stop taking the Arimidex. Hope so. Life is perilous, and no one get out of it alive! Not to make light of illness, but we can't take ourselves too seriously, either.

2 comments:

JT's Mommy said...

It's good to see that the weather there is getting nice :) I can't wait to spend the day in my yard! Unfortunately, I am guessing that after 5 months of not cleaning my house, it will be in more need than my yard :( At least the idea of going outside will motivate me to clean house!

The Walker Family said...

don't hold your breath too long. That hoe and muggy windless weather is coming. Enjoy this eather while y ou can. I wasted time fixing my hair to go outside and let the humity mess it up!