Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Wood Floors

Just a thought: you can clean wood floors with tea. Brew 1 qt. of boiling water with 1 or 2 tea bags. Let it come to room temperature. Wring out a soft cloth to just damp and wash floor, keeping the rag clean. Do not overwet floor. This will clean the floor and cover many imperfections. Buff with a soft cloth if desired. The tannic acid is a good cleaner for the wood. For scratches in the wood, wax crayons found at the hardware store ( on in the coloring box) will work. Just work the crayon (the right color) into the scratch, then heat with a hair dryer. This should melt the wax and make the scratch unnoticeable. From "How The Queen Cleans Everything" (and I'm not the queen this time!)

2 comments:

the Villamor's said...

Have you tried this yet? I wonder if these people who write these books have actually tried their rememdies or just thought they sounded good so they put them in their book:)

I still just use water and the Orange Glo wood floor cleaner I got from Wal-Mart.

In your next post can you tell me all you know about your Grandmother? The china lady? What's her name? Is that Joanna Gertrude Jackson?

The Walker Family said...

I'll stick with my wood spray and mop. I'm scared to try new things. I love your blog mom! i loveyou more than your blog