Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Frozen Roast

I didn't throw the roast I cooked yesterday away, even though dad won't eat any of it. I put it in the freezer for when one of the kids come over! Around 4:00 PM, I got hungry but I was making cards so I didn't go get something to eat. At 5:00 PM, I was really hungry! I had cooked some brown rice in the rice cooker and I remembered how flavorful the roast was , so I got it out of the freezer and nuked it until I could scrape enough off to go on top of my rice. It was good and I woofed it down. Dad had rice, beans, and a little corn.

I took 3/4 lb. of margarine and a big container of Spring salad greens to my neighbor, Brenda. I had bought the greens at Sam's but didn't realize the container would feed about 50, so after two salads, I knew I needed to give them away before they went bad. I took two cards I had made today too. One card had "smile" or "hello" on the outside and the other one just had flowers on the front and was blank on the inside. I asked Brenda which one she liked best and she said she liked a saying on the front. Now I'll know what to fix for her. Kathy said she liked the blank ones so she could put her own verse or saying in it. I'm about ready to start making Christmas cards again.

While I was at Brenda's house, she asked me if I would like some of her homemade candy as she put a covered metal container near me. As I was about to get some candy, she flipped the lid off the container and a black rat jumped up! Not a real rat, just a plastic one, but I think I jumped! She said her cousin Nancy was afraid of rats and they were going to be at a family gathering tonight, and she was going to offer Nancy some of her homemade "candy"! I can almost hear Nancy scream now! I once put a grey plastic rat in the jar of peanut butter to "get" my husband. He opened the jar and there was a rat staring him in the face! Ha-Ha! I really got him then! He doesn't like me to have any plastic bugs, snakes or mice because he knows I'll try to "get" him, and I will!

2 comments:

The Walker Family said...

yougo granny! Get Grampie good! I hate practical jokes now that I am in my adulthood. Can't stand them. Wierd how we change over time!

the Villamor's said...

Yea....weird how you change TJ because you were always dishing out the jokes 10 years ago!!

The aligator in the bathtub is my favorite. The funny thing was that I KNEW it was fake but pulled my hand back as I was reaching down to grab it! ha! Guess it was the memories of sleeping in the basement that still gives me the creeps sometimes!!

maybe if I had real walls I wouldn't be so scared!! hardy hair har