Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Afternoon

We had good meetings today. It seems whether the meetings are good or not depends on my attitude( not altitude, for I'm short stuff...)! I read that we go to church to worship Heavenly Father. That helped my attitude. I don't remember what my attitude was before, but it might not have been good enough. Now, I have a good attitude(Whew! Glad that's over with...). Lulu, Bro. Crosby's intended (can't spell that fancy word) gave a talk about how she joined the church, and Bro. Crosby translated as she went. Lulu is a very nice person and I'm glad she and Charlie are engaged. During Sunday School, I got a little hungry because I ate at 7 AM, and I thought I didn't have a snack but I saw two Hershey's mini bars in my purse. I got them from Rel.Soc. Thursday night, so I feasted in Rel. Soc. I sit behind the piano and no one can see me and if I don't make any noise, no one knows I'm snacking! Too much slurping and rattling of paper is a dead give a way. Snacking at church is only allowed for kids and old people(Jan 3:16) and I'll Let you figure out which one I am!

Welcome Jackie Allen! How did you find out about my blog? I don't mind though. My friend, Kathy Best, reads it. She introduced me to Frank when both our husbands were in the Navy. That was 40 yrs. ago. She's stuck by me through the years of depression when she wouldn't hear from me in months. Others would have written me off as a dead beat, but Kathy always wrote me and asked what was going on. She is a very special person. She sends me cards on birthdays and anniversaries and sometimes sends me a care package of Avon goodies, which I dearly love! You are a dear person too, Jackie. I remember when I first met you. You came out of the old Tanner building with a big smile on your face and your golden hair flying in the wind. You have such a nice personality! I sorry your family is experiencing a lot of health problems lately. The Refiner's Fire gets pretty hot at times. I'm glad your children have moved back. I know they are a joy and comfort to you and Tony. My girls keep me in good spirits all the time. Trudy got me to blogging and I love it. Didn't think I would because of all the past bad experiences I've had with the computer. After Frank got me this Mac, it is so user friendly that I love to type away my thoughts. It's better than journaling with paper and pen! The home teachers will be over later and I think I'll rest a while, after I say a few more things!

Trudy got me a Crop-a-Dile, on sale at Cosco's, and I got it out today to see if I could figure it out. I knew I couldn't but I knew that when Frank saw it, he would help me with it, and he did. I don't know where to put the eyelets on the cards though. Line upon line, I guess, or rather eyelet upon card! Hardy-har-har! It is a craft tool.

4 comments:

the Villamor's said...

Jackie Allen??/Are you out there??? :) My fondest memories of Sis. Allen are all from YW! I had the best leaders! Remember going to Girl's Camp all by ourselves?? And trying to cook a foil dinner in the rain with a tarp over the fire?? Good times!!

Glad to hear you had a good day at church Mama....and it isn't about our altitude is it??

Love you!

the Villamor's said...

Hey Granny!It's me Sophia!When are we going to see you?!Hows Grammpy!I just love the family tree book you made for me!



How are the other cousins?Have you seen them?How are you doing?

I just cann't wait till we see you agan!





I love you!


Sophia




P.S.Again I can't wait to see you

The Walker Family said...

I laughed out loud mom when I read you are behind the piano snacking! If you cn do it, then get me behind the piano! I'm glad that dad showed you how to play witht he crop-a-dile. MIne is still outside in the car waiting to go to MK's. I'll let her figure it out.
Hello to Jackie too! I remember the youth conference we dance to Dolly Parden's song and we made our skirts!

jackieinbama said...

Finally figured out how to post a comment! How did I find you? six degrees of seperation. Wendy Moore told me to set a Myspace Page to see Jessica's wedding pictures. Amy Boston invited me as a friend on her space, she has a link to her blog which in turn has a link to Trudy's blog, which links to you and Mary Kate's Blog. Call me a cyber sluth. Hardy har har! Enjoy all of your families blogs. Just love your family period. Good times.

Mary Kate and the "Too Close for Comfort" camping experience. Trudy, "Why'd Ya Come In Here Lookin' Like That?" What were we thinking? Frankie and Roderick once came over and fished a cake out of my trash. Scraped the mold off and ate the whole thing! Ha. And Jan and Frank, you two are the one's I look up to to help Tony and I get through these current trials. You have always had such a good attitude or is that altitude about everything either way I truly admire your sense of humor and spirit.

Enjoy your blog. Keep on blogging!

Lov you guys,
Jackie