Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Fifth Sunday

It was 46 degrees this morning and rainy or overcast so I wore dark colors (mainly because I have no spring colors) and a black jacket to church. I got warm in Sac. meeting so I took off my jacket. As the morning wore on, I got a little chilly. I was glad I had the jacket when I thought it was time for Relief Society, because the piano is near the windows and it gets cool there. Then, I realized it was the fifth Sun. and that Rel. Soc. and Priesthood met together. At some point in time, I put my jacket on and left it on. The verdict of all of the above? I was glad I took my jacket to church!

When I cooked French fries several day ago, I got a second degree burn on the right side of my right hand little finger. It was about the size of a dime and the blister had come off, so I'm left with this wound in a bad place. I have some fabric band aids that stretch, so I can put one on long ways along side of my little finger and it stays put. I will probably pan fry things like salmon patties, but I won't be using that much oil again!

Dad's upgrading the new software to his new computer. Rosko is chirping loudly but the other two birds are quiet. I'm tired but can't settle down to rest. I made four cards, with only one that I thought looked nice. Rikki is now making noise and of course dad is "chirping" right along with whoever is making noise. He had a 2x4 cut into small pieces and then had holes drilled into them and has been gluing almonds into the holes. He's making chew toys for Rikki.

Sis. Decker's next oldest daughter flew from Denver for the week-end. Stacey, the Decker's youngest child, told her sister to come home so she could fix her hair for the prom last night. That sounds wild to fly from Denver to here to fix hair, but Karen's son Brent, works for an airline and get $10.00 fares! She came with Christian, her 4 month old son. They are all very nice people. The little baby was very cute.

2 comments:

The Walker Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TheVillamorFamily said...

Why was the first comment deleted??

Glad you had your jacket at church! that was a riveting paragraph...griping! hardy-har-har

If I lived far away I would look for any excuse to come home....especially with a new grandbaby!

Rosko is FIV's brother no matter what!