Monday, March 17, 2008

Blue Monday Again

I think Blue Monday is the name of a song or something. I guess if you have to go to work you don't want to see Monday rolling around after a good week-end. It was blue this morning for me because my bones ached and I went to the exercise class. I didn't smile much during or after. I feel better after I took a little nap this afternoon. Pain is not our friend! I'm thankful for Rx's that take most of the pain away so I can function normally. He-he! What's normal?

Dad is in the bathroom drying off Rikki while Rosko is in the shower and Gertie is on my shoulder waiting his turn for a bath. Gertie always goes last. Right now he is trying his best to get to the keyboard to help me type!

I sent my friend Kathy Best about 16 cards today. I hope she likes them. I told her my feelings wouldn't be hurt if she didn't want anymore. I make 'em, got to send them. I hadn't made any today, yet. Wed. I'll be going to H'ville to pick up dad's Rx's, and I already have Hobby Lobby's 40% coupon in my purse! Karen Decker is going with me. We'll be going in the Accord so I'll have to clean out the back seat for her. I'll be so happy to get a car that will have a front seat for passengers. We'll keep the Accord for dad's Dr. car.

Trudy, the Crop-a-Dile is easy to use. I've gone back to some old, plain cards and put en eyelet in them and it makes them look better. I hope you and Mary Kate and the kids have lot's of fun together. Just think! only a few more weeks and you'll be a free woman. Yeah!

Mary Kate, please thank Sophia for me for her blog comments, I enjoyed them! I enjoyed talking to Richard about his trip to Dublin, GA. He was blessed to find the mechanic to fix the van on a Saturday. Richard is a special person-like all of my children's spouses.

It's 72 degrees today! When you look out the window, you can see all of the birds who have returned from their winter vacations, although some over winter here. I've seen lots of Cardinals, Blue Jay's and scores of little sparrow-like birds. The rain has been keeping the bird bath full lately and it's fun to watch the birds bathe. There's patches of purple Henbit growing everywhere and tiny little Violets you have to look hard for or you'll miss them. I need to rake the flower bed and hope I stir up some volunteers from last year. Need, need, need! And I sit here typing my brain out instead of raking my flower bed. Maybe I'll give in and plant some flowers. Maybe some perennials so they'll come back next year too. Wow! It's already 5:00 PM. Dad will be wanting something to eat soon. Don't worry, be happy!

3 comments:

the Villamor's said...

no, this isn't mk, but tj. I leave comments, lol!


I'm glad that you went to your exercise class even though you didn' feel like it. We arrived safely to MK's and went to Fia's and Nate's ball practices. We all will get haircuts tomorrow-yeah! I ca't help but laugh at you and dad with the birds and bathing them and having to take turns, just like us kids! does jackie have a blog too? tj

jackieinbama said...

So that's what a birdbath really is, huh!

I think it's "Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down".
I had started a blog awhile back. Not any good at it. You're welcome to read.
http://rememberingwhatialreadyknew.blogspot.com/
Jackie

the Villamor's said...

Or there is always "Blue Christmas" or something Elvis sang....it is going through my head right now but all I am hearing is "blue.....". maybe if I snarl my lip up like Elvis it will help:)

glad you exercised! Your body will thank you!