Monday, March 10, 2008

Blue Monday

I made 2 or 3 cards today. I had lots of time on my hands and it bothered me. Pity party, pity party!! Tomorrow, dad and I have Dr. appointments with the same Dr.! I have a fasting test and dad has his regular 6 mo. check up. Dr. Walker sees us every 6 mo. regularly. That way he can catch illnesses early. I don't know what the fasting test is for. I wake up hungry and will have to make a reminder for me not to eat anything. I go in at 10 AM and dad goes at 2:30 PM.

It got up to 71 degrees today. Tornado weather is coming soon. I just called a friend, Mary Lou Hill, and found out that she has breast cancer. She's already had the biopsy and will see the oncologist this Thursday. She may have her operation Fri. Her Dr. is from H'ville, but comes to Athens once a week, so she'll have her operation here. That's good. It's better to be close to home. Maybe she'll have all of her procedures in Athens. It would really have been hard for me if it weren't for Pat Broadhurst. She was a true friend taking me to H'ville while I had chemo. Girls, don't put off having you're mammograms, although I think they don't start wanting you to have them until you're 40 yrs. old. With a history of breast cancer in the family, the time period might not be the same. Do your self exams too.

2 comments:

the Villamor's said...

I had a mammo after you got diagnosed with cancer. I believe I was 28 and i had 2-3 people ask me why I was doing it. My doctor said it was alright to do it but the mammo doc and technician just thought I was too young. just precautions!!

I am sorry for Sis. Hill. You can use your free time to help her!

The Walker Family said...

I have my orders to get my mammo nw. Just need to call. I hate that she has it too. Seems like too many people are getting htis! If we were just born without boos, this would haven't even startd!