Saturday, March 22, 2008

Thanks!

Mary Kate, you sly rascal! Six comments! I was shocked! It'll be fun for the kids to help you plant flowers. I think most kids like to get their hands in the dirt. You could take pictures at different stages of the plant's progression and display them! Wow! What an idea! I bet you already thought of that.

Mary Lou came home today. One day in the hospital and then home! She said she couldn't sleep in the hospital and was glad to come home. She won't know what stage her cancer is until Mon. or Tues. She's had heart problems and I'm worried about her having chemo. Chemo can cause congestive heart failure. Chemo is just plain bad, but it can save your life. Besides, being Mary Lou's Visiting Teacher, I feel I need to give back because Pat Broadhurst was such a good friend to me while I was going through Chemo.

Ann Lobell, the church organist, and her 12 yr. old daughter, Ty, came over to see the organ. They liked it and want it. I have to get some people over Sat. to load it in our truck. They live in Tanner so it won't be going far. I gave her 6 cards. She liked them and said she would send them to her Visiting Teaching ladies. Perhaps she had a writing route.

I've been making Christmas cards all day. I have enough to give my sweet children, 6 cards apiece. But do they want them?? Frankie called today to say, "Thank you" for his birthday card. I had to ask him if they had gotten the food storage money; did Kayla get her music stamp. I told him I would like to know if my gifts got there. My sweet girls keep in touch by phone and by blogging. Seems like Luke is having trouble with anger management, and we need to keep him is our prayers. They went camping at Norris Dam, a part of the TVA system. The kids had sleeping bags of their own and Luke had a tent too. They went hiking in the woods and had lots of fun. Frankie said he woke up at midnight freezing and he and Rachel decided to jump ship and go back home! I don't think Frankie thought it out throughly. He said he's going back into the classroom. He misses the kids a lot. There will be less stress too, and he said he doesn't do stress very well. Who does! He can do a good job in the class room. He said his music studio in Oak Ridge is getting a lot of students. He'll be able to support his family and keep the wolf from the door. That's what life is all about....keeping the wolf away!!

2 comments:

the Villamor's said...

Poor Luke....I need to call Frankie and see how he is. maybe i will hear from him on MY birthday Monday;)

There was something else I wanted to comment about but I forget and I know if I try to go back to your post it will delete this comment.....so....

the Villamor's said...

Oh....and yes I want those Christmas cards....not sure I want them now....but chances are you will misplace them if you don't send them???

I know! write in your blog where you are putting them and then at christmas time when you think (while scratching your hairy mole, "now where are those Christmas cards????..." we can look back at your blog and there it will tell us where they are!

ha!

I am so so clever!

now we will just have to remember that you wrote where they were in your blog!