Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Day

Wa-hoo! Went to Hobby Lobby today. Not much was on sale but I got a book of rub on's with sayings for cards. I won't use them but will try to make the computer print out the sayings in different fonts and then I will use those. That's what I used my 40% off coupon on. I got 4 pieces of double sided paper, 4 spools of ribbon that was 50% off, and 4 statues to put in the garden. I might have a garden of all gnomes and frogs if the last year flowers don't volunteer to come back.

I went outside and cut the monkey grass with a pair of scissors and I raked the leaves and stuff off of the garden area. By scratching the ground, I was hoping to encourage last years seeds to come on up and make the great flowers I had last year. I will plant something if nothing volunteers but my knees have gotten too bad to do much gardening.

Karen told me Wal-Mart will close and a new Sam's will take it's place and a new Wal-Mart will be built out past Athens High School ! That will be too far to go to Wal-Mart. I guess I can do all my shopping at Sam's. That'll be good for food storage!

I made 5 Christmas cards last night. Took pictures of them, too. I got some new paper and I can't wait to make cards with it. New paper is like getting new material for those who like to sew!

2 comments:

jackieinbama said...

Sounds like you had a great time at HobbyLobby. The card you sent to Tony was so pretty. You do a good job. I get too trembly to do much in the way of crafts right now.

Glad you're having fun with it.

the Villamor's said...

Cut the grass with scissors? Surely not your haircutting scissors;) ha! Did Ricki notice Dad's haircut???? I have been worried about that alllllll day! man! that would be awful:) just kidding!

Sam's where WM is? Does Athens need a Sam's? A WM out by AHS would be good for that side of town....I guess that would run Kmart out of business for sure!