Friday, March 21, 2008

Early Morning

I made my usual pit stop at 1:45 AM, then awoke at 4:00AM bright eyed and bushy tailed! So what else does one do but make cards! I've made about 19 Christmas cards. My neighbor, Brenda Adams, said she was about out of cards and I was delighted that she wanted more. I have lots more and keep making lots more.

I went to the P.O. at 9:00 AM to mail a package and then went by the hospital to see Bro. Hill since Mary Lou was having her operation. He had his daughter and son-in-law with him and there was another lady there. He didn't want the magazines I had brought, plus there was a large flat screen T.V. on the wall. As I was leaving, the operating room called and said they were getting started and she was alright. It was supposed to be a three or four hour operation. I'll call tomorrow and see how she is. When I was first operated on, I didn't want visitors for I felt too bad for company.

It was a beautiful day today so I took one of the plastic tables from the living room to sit on and I weeded the flower spot to the right of the porch, as you're looking at the house, Sitting down made it easier on my knees. Then, I put my new pretties in the spot. It was a moss covered rock with some saying on it, and a taller stone-like rock, with a scripture on it. There was already four rabbits, two of which I moved to the other flower spot, two gnomes, and a , I can't spell what it is and the dictionary didn't know either, but it's there. Now to get some flowers planted. Maybe next week.

7 comments:

the Villamor's said...

I am soooo happy you enjoy making cards and isn't it wonderful to be able to share them with your wonderful neighbors!! They are so great to you guys and I am thankful they are there. the Lord really blessed you there!

I can tell you are worried about Sis. Hill. That is nice for her to have you as a friend who understands!

Thanks for my lovely card....the "just because" one and the Birthday one. I love them both. The kids loved their cards this week too. Just as much as they loved having Fo and Sadie here....well that might be pushing it a little:)

the Villamor's said...

Well I have more to say but I decided to make a nother comment because you probably would get excited to see 2 comments when you look at this post:)

I am wanting to plant some flowers here also. I love the spring weather and that is what we are talking about in preschool next week. I went around town taking pictures of different flowerings trees and shrubs to use in my lesson "what are the signs of spring?". Chris also took some great pictures in her neighborhood of some other flowers and bushes that I printed off. My favorites are the camilla bushes. I remember we had 2-3 at our house in Dublin. I need to buy one for this house.

I think I will have the preschool kids help me plant flowers....make them work for their education! hardy har har!

the Villamor's said...

Ok....I really need to balance my checkbook and make up a menu for this week but I just wanted to comment one more time...I love you Mama!

the Villamor's said...

bye!

the Villamor's said...

this is the last one for real now!

the Villamor's said...

but I just love typing in all those curvy letters:)

JT's Mommy said...

Hi there Jan
I found your blog through Jackies blog, which I found through myspace -lol. I had no idea that you liked to make cards! I am coming back next month - we will have to get together to make cards together!