Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hard Time Singing In Tonight

I couldn't get into my blog for some reason. Then "it" said I had been sent an e-mail with instructions in it, and shore nuff, I was using the wrong sign in name. I had tried the right one before but it kept saying I had the wrong password. It was a bit worrying, but after reading the e-mail I was sent, I did it the way "it" wanted me too and I got on.

Relief Society was nice. I made some potato salad for Karen and me, since she didn't want to cook. I hate to go to a meeting where we're supposed to bring food and I don't and then I eat everyone else's food. Pauline Falconbury and I went V.T. today and saw one sister. Since I needed to take some food to church tonight, I was going to stop by Wal-Mart and pick up some potato salad, but then I remembered I had half a sack of potatoes I had been thinking of giving to my neighbor, and I had all the other ingredients to make the salad so I came home and pealed the potatoes. Yes, I said "pealed". If it were just for us, I would have left the pealing on! I sat at a table with 2 people I knew and 2 people I didn't know so I got to know 2 new people. I had seen them at church but hadn't had the opportunity to get to know them.

Mary Lou can't have her mastectomy's until next Friday. Her Dr. said he had had three new patients with breast cancer and he wanted to be rested before he operated on her. It's bad enough to have cancer, but to have to wait a week before being operated on . I imagine the week will go slowly for Mary Lou. I guess I was lucky. I was told I had cancer one day and the next morning I was in the hospital being operated on. The only bad thing was the Dr. wouldn't remove the other breast while he was in the vicinity!

3 comments:

TheVillamorFamily said...

We love you very much granny and grampie too.

Unknown said...

That first comment was from Richard:)

This is MK now:)

So glad you went to RS Mama....it is good you got to know those 2 new people at church!

And you made your famous Potatoe Salad! the one that Frankie said "this taste just like Food World's!" or did he say it tastes 'almost' like Food World's! ha!

Sorry Mary Lou has to wait. Heather's mother-in-law waited a couple weeks before doing any treatment....but I think that was her choice! When the Dr. told Richard he had cancer he was in the next day to get those chemicals pumped into his veins!

Well I love you so much mama!

the Villamor's said...

Ha! I was about to tell you that I copied and pasted your email comment to my hamster post onto my blog and signed into your original gmail account "janlayton" so it did show up under "jan".

Glad you figured it out Granny! Remember back when you were terrified of the computer! Now if we could just get you and math to be friends again! ha!