Friday, April 11, 2008

Wal-Mart Day

Got up bright and early and got to the bank by 9:00 AM. If I wait until after lunch to go to the bank on a Friday, there's a long line. After the bank, I went to Wal-Mart. I was shopping for dried foods, like bean and rice. I got enough beans that the lady behind me in line thought I was going to have a bean day! I also got several packages of brown rice. Of course, I had to look at the clothes and shoes. I bought three more pull overs for a total of five. Since I'm larger this year, last years pull overs are a bit tight. The shoes need to be a 1/2 size larger. I also got a skirt that is reversible. I didn't try it on, it was my size so I put it in the basket. They are making a "relaxed" size now and when I got home and tried the skirt on, the waist was too large. I loved the skirt so much that I'll just take it in. It's ankle length (on me) and the material feels so good and swishy! Karen is going to take the pull overs up about 4" so they don't make me look so dumpy.

The storms we were supposed to have lost their steam before they got to us so all we got was rain. One reason I got to town so early was that it was going to rain in the afternoon. It did, so I was glad I was through shopping.

Karen printed off a copy of the downstairs inventory she had done for me. Now, I can see just what I need to be buying in the way of storage. She's going to e-mail dad a copy of the program for our computers.

No comments: