Tuesday, April 29, 2008

At Mary's House

At 9:00AM I went to Mary Regar's house to learn more about cards. She lives in an old two story house that is cluttered with good junk! I felt right at home. I placed a large order and then we made two cards. I learned how to cut the paper that you layer with. The first card I followed what Mary did. The second card we stamped three poppies on it and then water colored them one red and the other two pale yellow, with pale green stems and leaves. Then we chose the color of the card and then layered it with two more colors. At the end, we tied a red ribbon around the front and tied a red knot and two black and white checked knots. The card came to life all by itself. I ordered all of the colors of card stock so everything will match. It was a fun time.

Dad ordered me a pedometer and it came in yesterday. I've forgotten how many steps one needs to walk to be healthy. Do you know Mary Kate? Maybe someone at the Wellness Ctr. will know. Some days I walk quite a bit (according to me...) and other days I don't move much at all. I hope the pedometer will help me get healthier. I don't think it came with a bag of inspiration...

2 comments:

TheVillamorFamily said...

http://walking.about.com/cs/measure/a/locke122004.htm

don't know if this link will work but I just typed in "how many steps pedometer" into google.com and it came up with some articles.

The magic number is usually 10,000 steps. I believe 2000 is 1 mile. You need to set it according to your stride or something like that. It should tell you in the instructions!

Good luck! Just see how many steps you take in an average day and then make a goal to increase that by 1000 or so!

JT's Mommy said...

You should come over to my house to make cards!