Saturday, April 26, 2008

Card Day

Today (Sat.) was the day we met to make cards. There were only three of us and Mary (teacher) was one and Judy was the other one and me. I was glad because a smaller class is always better. We made 5 cards. One was for a regular sized envelop and the other 4 were for invitation envelops. We did some very pretty ones. Mary had all the parts cut out for us so we just assembled them. We had bought 3-4 pages of colored flowers and we used them to put on two of the cards. I think this will be my long time hobby. It's quick gratification for me and can still be a joy for others. The flowers were paper not 3-D.

Dad has been working with his computers trying to get the information and files off of Windows and onto Mac. The store will do it for him, but it would cost a lot and so he wants to try and do it himself.

Mary Kate called from a store wanting Consumer Reports information about washers and dryers. Dad was on both his computers and couldn't look up what they needed, but gave them his pass word so they could look it up themselves. One of their machines is putting black marks on their clothes so they need a new one.

Trudy and George are visiting with some of Georges family. She had a friend from high school call and want her telephone number so he could call her. I don't know if he got her because they were at George's family.

I kept hitting "enter" and the cursor wasn't in the right place and whole paragraphs would shift around. Then I would hit the"backspace" to get everything back in its place! Sometimes I don't know where my mind is when I need it.

I tried calling Frankie but his line was busy. Hope they are all well.

3 comments:

TheVillamorFamily said...

Glad you are enjoying your card hobby!! I could use some birthday ones and thank you ones too....more thank yous because I am usually bad about sending out b-day ones!!

I talked to Frankie last night. Call him!

Trudy needs to call me about scout camp for Fo so if she calls you tell her to call me! or if you are reading this call me TJ!

The Walker Family said...

I called you MK! Thanks! Sorry mom I haven't posted. I am spending as much time as possible with Leslie and Reveau. I wished you could meet them. We are going to stay with them next summer. I need to get the plane tickets now b/c next year will will not be able to afford them with gas going sky high! Hope Gert is better. Can't wait to see your cards. I bought $40 in spare parts saturday and a new pen set. I love you more than my goodies!

The Walker Family said...

did I tell you I loved you? Just wanted to make sure!