Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday All day

I had already had post named "Sunday" so I changed it to be different! Yes, it's been Sunday all day. I wore my new skirt today. The one I had to take up the waist band on and is ankle length and has a "swishy" feel. It was cool enough for a sweater so I didn't wear my new sandals. It's funny-there are more women and girls that go bare legged to church. It was custom to always wear stockings on Sunday. In the summer, I'll wear sandals and bare feet and legs. My dresses are usually long enough so not much bare leg is showing and I have some spray-on makeup I use to hide the spider veins in my legs. It was also custom to wear high heels to church, but when I got arthritis in my ankle, I couldn't wear heels so had to wear flat shoes. It seems that after I started to wear flats, more women started to wear them too. Maybe I'm flattering myself to think I started something! Ho-ho!

Last night I covered my new flowers with a sheet because it was going to be cold. Tonight they are covered too. I'll keep covering them until the weather radio says the weather will be warm enough in the wee hours of the morning so there'll be no danger of frost. It was hard to plant the little flowers. I don't want them harmed!

Sat., my bird Gert took a shower with me. After I dried him off with the hair dryer, I took him back to his cage. He was eager to get back to his cage and he fell off my finger and onto the floor. I didn't think too much about it because he seemed alright. Tonight (Sun) I noticed him limping when I got him out of his cage. He was definitely favoring his left foot or leg. I guess I'll take him to Hartselle to the vet. I hope he only bruised his foot or leg and didn't break it. Poor Gertie. I should have watched him better.

1 comment:

The Walker Family said...

Oh no! I hope Gert is giong to be ok. I love him more than Rosko. I haven't worn stockings for 15 years at church. I hate them! Let me know about Gert.