Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Gert Is Home

I left the house about 2:00PM to go get Gert. His left leg was fractured. It'll take a month to six weeks to heal. I got a large, 30" clear plastic container with a lid to put him in. He needs to be relatively still. If he was in his cage, he could climb and perhaps fall and injure his leg again, so that's why he's in the plastic container. Dad drilled lots of air holes in the top. Its 8:00 PM now and the other two birds are covered up and Gert has a dark blue sheet wrapped around his container. He had some pain medication, like birdie Advil. I'm to put it on something he will eat, like a piece of bread or some peanut butter, but he really likes the small, round Nutra Berries we give the birds as a treat so he'll get his "Advil" dropped on that.

Earlier this morning Pauline Falconbury and I went Visiting Teaching. We were scheduled to see two sisters, but then the other two called and said we could come by. So all we lack is one, Susan Harris. She was just added to our route and she works. Pauline said she could run over and see her. I didn't get any blessings for I was there in body only. It was like I had just gotten up and hadn't had time to wake up before I was going fast-like-a-train! I got home about 12:30 PM and after I fed dad, I was off again to go get Gert.

Tomorrow Karen and I are going to the Botanical Gardens. I e-mailed her that I had to get dad's prescriptions and be home in time to get them filled. I asked her if she wanted to go on another day but she wrote back no, we were real women and we could do it all! She's coming over at 9:00 AM and I'll drive while she sleeps (so she said)! Hobby Lobby is having a 40% off sale so we'll have to stop by there. I have no idea what I'll buy, maybe some pens. It's hard not to buy something when there's a sale and you're going to be in H'ville anyway.....It's a sickness, I believe. I was getting down on my style of card making, and I was afraid I was loosing interest. But I still want to make cards, I just need some new ideas. Mary Rager, my Stampin' Up demonstrator, sent me a card using some of the same stamps I have, to give me some ideas. Plus she sent me a small catalog. If you buy one of a set of preselected stamp sets, you get a jumbo wheel that coordinates with the stamp set, free. I was thinking about getting a wheel, so I guess this will be the time.

Dad is working on his laptop. I asked him if he was glad he got it and he said yes. He is such a good person-kind and thoughtful and I glad to have his as my eternal companion.

2 comments:

the Villamor's said...

You sound so good Mama! I am so happy for you!

Glad you are going to the Gardens. Karen is right.... you are women and can do it all! I am glad you are not letting one errand like getting meds rule your whole day!

have fun and I can't wait to read about it!
poor Gert! I prayed for him too. It is funny how these little creatures grow on you!

The Walker Family said...

I agree with MK. Glad you are giong and that Gert is going to be ok. haVe fun and do not forget to take your camera! TJ