Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pull Grass

I got outside around 12:30 PM and started pulling weeds from my flower patch. It wasn't too hot for the spot was in the shade be then. I had the little table to sit on and the top of a garbage can to put the pulled weeds in. Now I need to put some topsoil on the plot and get some flowers for the spot. I found some plants coming up from last year, lilleys, I think.

I called the vet again this morning about Gert. They called back and made an appointment for Monday. Maybe he can go back into a cage now. I guess she'll x-ray his leg again. He's an intelligent bird and to be covered all the time must work on his mind. I was supposed to get him out 2-3 times a day for company, but he is too wild to do that. He thrashes around when I put my hand into the container to change the papers. I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to get him out to love on. Hopefully, he'll get to go back into his cage soon. Maybe with the perches lowered so he can't fall off.

Next Tues. I'm going over to my Stampin' Up demonstrator's house and stamp with her. She said she was self-taught and back then Michael's and Hobby Lobby didn't have any rubber stamps! Imagine that! I look forward to getting to know her better. This Sat. we'll be having another stamping class at the Blackburn community center. I'll learn some new stuff then too.

1 comment:

The Walker Family said...

I do not like flower gardens for that reason. You have to pull grass! Growing up and pulling weeds out of the garden was too much for me and has scarred me for life!