Friday, April 4, 2008

Buckets Of Rain

I knew a storm was coming this morning so I went down and fed the animals before it came. And it did come! Nothing was damaged here but things were blown around in other areas of the valley. It's been raining hard all day. I went into town to the Post Office to mail a couple of packages and then on the way home I stopped to feed the animals. The road to the barn was almost a river. In the barn, the rain sounded even louder! On the way home from the barn, I had to stop and get the garbage can out of the ditch, all this time the rain was still coming down. Finally I got into the house, I felt like an old wet hen.

Yesterday afternoon, Karen came by and got me and we met Bro. Merrell and Bro. Mitchell at the church and we drove to the temple. At first, I had forgotten that it was temple day. Karen called and she was wishy-washy about going so I said,"Let's go!" and we did and had a marvelous time. I had found 5 cards that needed sealing to parents on them and got them done, thanks to Bros. Merrill and Mitchell. Got home at 11:30 PM. Slept 'til 12:00 noon. Hated to get out in the rain but had to do something worthwhile today.

I finally got the big book from the University of Alabama I had ordered. I found my name and my brothers name in it but none of my ancestors names in it. When I ordered it, I thought it went back to 1925 at least. I was stupid to order it. That's my one mistake I can make this year! One big crimson mistake!

1 comment:

the Villamor's said...

aS LONG AS It is a Crimson mistake you can make it! ha! Well...you paid someone's salary when you bought that overpriced book! hardy har har:)

I can't believe all you did in the rain! I felt like a drowned rat just reading about it all!

Glad you went to the temple! Karen is such a great friend. Send her a card for me:)