Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Garden Day

Karen got here at 9:00 AM and we go into my chariot and rode to Huntspatch. We went to the pain clinic to get dad's prescriptions and then to Magabits to get a card that tells dad how to set up his radio, and then to Hobby Lobby. I bought a Christmas stamp, some colored paper, 4 glitter gel pens, some ribbon and a template to make cards and envelopes. The templates will go back for I don't need them. After that we went to the Gardens. The electricity was off so we couldn't pay to get in but we got a map and went in anyway. We paid on the way out. We must have walked 4 miles! The weather was warm and breezy and we saw lots of blooming plants and trees. We walked and walked and walked and walked. We sat down on the benches and ate our sandwiches, talked and rested and then got up and walked again! I did get lots of pictures and we saw a Dogwood tree that was 100 years old. It was blooming and very tall and beautiful!

While I was gone, dad fixed a perch for Gert that is close to the floor of his container. He had rather perch on something than sit flatfooted. I thought I was doing good by trying to get him out, but he tries of fly or something, maybe he's just loosing his balance, but Dr. Jan said to keep him quiet so his leg can heal. Six weeks of this and Gert and I both will be batty!

I getting where I don't want to make cards anymore. I don't think I want to quit but I don't feel very creative. I'm getting down on myself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just need to get your juices going in another direction ....kinda like when TJ learned all those scrapbook ideas from Rachel. It will come back again!

Make plans tonight to go the pool tomorrow!! You will be glad you did!

Love you!
and this is MK not TJ....I was logged into her account trying to fix her blog problem...no luck!

TheVillamorFamily said...

Well...I was signed in as the walker family and then decided to try the "open ID" option down there and it made me sign in as myself. I was afraid to do that for fear it would erase my comment! glad it didn't:)

love you again!

The Walker Family said...

i COMMAND YOU NoT TO GET DOWN ON YOURSELF. Do not get frustrated because your creativity is not there. Take it from me who has been there. WHen we come over tomorrow, I'll show you how to play on your blog and you will not want to make cards. OK? Have you tried using the card book I got you? See you tomorrow around 506pm. TJ

The Walker Family said...

I LOVE YOU!