Monday, April 21, 2008

Gertie,Gertie, Gertie

The vet said to cover Gert up, like at night, so he couldn't see me or the other birds. I did and that stopped his pacing back and forth. She also said to get him out three or four times a day. I can't do that for he gets pretty wild when I put my hand in to change his papers. He would climb up my arm in a second if I went to get him out and I'm afraid I would hurt him getting him off my shoulder. He'll be crazy if he has to stay covered up for a month. I'll call the vet again tomorrow for further instructions.

Went to exercise class today. I really didn't feel like it but I knew I needed to exercise so I went anyway. I wore shorts because my long exercise pants were too warm the last time I went. I was cold the entire time I was there! I think I'm rushing the season. I came home at 10:30 AM and took a mid-morning nap!

I made 6 cards today. Five of them were Christmas cards. I already had the front of the cards cut out and the saying for the front of the cards cut out too so I just had to assemble them and stamp a "Merry Christmas" on the inside. Then, I made a new card with the beautiful paper Trudy got for me at Michael's. I think pretty paper inspires me more than a saying. I need to study some layouts too. I made two cards like my SU demonstrator had sent me. I don't have a corner nipper (not the real name for that instrument) so I rounded the corners. Plus, I didn't have any place to put the ribbon like it was on her card. If you hadn't seen her card, you might think my look-a-like cards were pretty good!

I had more time on my hands than I needed today. I think I had looked at the calendar but all I saw was the days that had nothing on them. There was a cancer survivors dinner I had invited the Hills to at 6:00 PM and I didn't remember it until 5:30 PM when I was coming back from the pharmacy after getting medicine for dad. I came home and called the Hills to see if they had remembered it and I got the answering machine. I thought they might me coming to get me so I rushed and got dressed when Mary Lou called. She said they had forgotten it too. They had had family in for the week-end and had forgotten. That was okay for I should have called them earlier in the day to remind them, but I forgot too! I had time to go, but I didn't want to so I stayed home.

1 comment:

The Walker Family said...

I cn't wait to see thenew cards you made out of the paper I gave you. You are so right, beautiful paper makes the card and you do not have to do that much to make the card "shine"! I am giong to mail you the Christmas brads to you. Hobby Lobby has their Spare Parts (brads etc.) half off this week till Sunday. I hope Gert gets to get out of prison soon.