Tuesday, February 5, 2008

We Vote Today

Today we vote. We were going early, before lunch, but today is prednisone day and Dad is still sleeping. After I write this, I will get him up and we will go vote. We never miss voting.
A while back I found these old pictures of people I didn't know. Nanny Layton had sent them to Dad and he didn't know much about them. It bothers me to have pictures of someone and not know who it is. I found this genealogy book downstairs, I wasn't looking for it, but there it was. It was entitled The Waddells, Reed's Point and beyond. The name on the old picture was James Waddell, so I looked in this paper spiral book and found that this James Alexander Waddell was Nana Henry's father. Nana Henry was Nanny Layton's mother. Kids, Nanny Layton was your grand mother, Nana Henry was your great=grand mother and James Waddell was your great=great grand father. Five generations there. You, your parents, your grandparents , your great-grandparents and your great-great grandfather. I felt good that I figured out who was in the picture.
There was also a picture of Nana Henry's husband, Fredric Milton Henry. You remember , we used to call Nana Henry, Nanny Two Rooms, because that's how many rooms she had in Nanny Layton's house. You probably remember her better than I'm trying to describe her.
I've run the vacuum and damp mopped the floor and now Dad is getting dressed so we can go vote. The weather is unseasonably warm and it's going to rain. We got 3/4 " yesterday. Not complaining. We need the moisture.
Back from voting. the lady in front of me had voted the Democratic ticket. The Republican ticket was blue and the Democratic was white. We voted for Romney. I found I had bad feelings for the lady I didn't even know because she voted the Democratic ticket!
I'm having 2nd thoughts about missing my church meeting in H'ville this Sat. I thought I wanted to go to the stamp party instead of the church meeting, but I remember the Stake Pres. saying he wanted every adult member to be there. I guess I'll be obedient and go. I'll call the stamp lady and see when they are meeting again.

1 comment:

The Walker Family said...

WHo's that handsome man on your blog? HE sure looks awfully familiar! TJ