Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Play Day Cancelled

Karen called this morning and said she had the flu or was sick and wouldn't be coming over, so I slept in. I was going to exercise, but last night dad said that this morning would be a rough one for him and to be sure I got him to take his 9:00 AM pill. As it turned out, he took the pill himself but I didn't exercise.

I cleaned out my closet and got clothes I figured I wouldn't wear anymore and took them to the Salvation Army. I didn't want to get out today at all because it was so cold, but I had 4 cards to mail and I missed the mail run. Some days the mail doesn't come until after 4:00PM and other days, it's there by 1:00 AM. Different carriers. I also went to Wal-Mart to get a few groceries. I found some yummy different- shades- of- tan paper and just had to have it. I've made two get well cards with the brown paper and they really look good!

Okay, girls, I'll send the cards but realize that the cost of stamps is going up. I do appreciate your comments about the blog. I talked to Richard today and he said he enjoyed reading it! Whee! I'm a star!

I made a Valentine card for dad and at the Stampin' Up card making morning, and I won a little gift that has some candy corn in shades of pink and rose and the little bag they are in said, "Heard you've bad, So here's the scoop...All you get is Cupid Poop!" He'll get a chuckle out of that. While I was at Wal-Mart, I bought a small Whitman's Sampler for Valentine's Day for me. It's okay to celebrate a day before!

7 comments:

the Villamor's said...

I know Daddy loved the chocolates and has probably eaten them all!! and now the detoxification begins! ha!

the Villamor's said...

Hey....I beat TJ to be the first one the leave a comment!!

the Villamor's said...

and it gets really annoying to have to type in all those letters when you want to post a comment

the Villamor's said...

yeah....I hear ya Tj....whah....just quit commenting so much....

the Villamor's said...

but it will be funny for Mama to see her blog and notice all the comments and I want it to look like she has a lot of friends so I will just keep adding comments...ha....not that you don't have friends....you have lots but not many with blogs I bet;) hardy har har

The Walker Family said...

You beat me! I am defeated! I commented on a couple fo blogs today and thought the same thing! I hate typing in the letters! Is that all the requirments they require you to do is be able to read a couple of letters and then you can post? is that the only security measures they take?

Mom, I am your agent, since I made you the star with your blog, therefore, payment will be the natural consequence in this situation. It can be made int he form of cards of green bills!

The Walker Family said...

ccemxsldkjfoihsordghipaosdoohiioajspdfpoasjdpofpasiodjgppiasdpgojpasod

If you can type these letters in, you qualify to have my love!