Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Day That Shouldn't Have Been

Got up at 5:00 AM. I made a few cards and then dad got up. In my mind, I hoped he had ordered me dozens of roses and some chocolates, like it was advertised on the radio. He had said he didn't like roses but I thought he just said that to throw me off. Na-a-a-ah! I got a check for next weeks groceries plus some extra for me for my valentines gift. And then, he didn't react to my card and cupid poop like I thought he would, (he's been feeling bad for so long that he can't really react to much of anything). So that threw my world into a spin which lasted all
day. I took a small nap after lunch to make up for getting up so early.

I keep making cards and I'm afraid I'll burn out before my new stamps come in and I learn some new ways to make cards. I'd better clean up a bedroom downstairs....it won't be long.

Gee, Mary Kate, I thought I really had friends! But I'll take seven comments from you any day. You and Trudy. Kathy Best read my blog and said she was glad I was feeling better. She noticed my lovely grandkids too.

Tomorrow, rain or shine, I will go to my brother's house and tell them how to prune the trees. Ruth called at 12:00PM to see if I could come down then. I didn't have enough time because it takes about 45 min. to get there and the garbage had to be collected and put out for the neighbor boys to take to the road by 4:00PM. It will be good to get out of the house. Dad is taking more prednisone to see if he can pull out of the slump. I hope I helps him because it really makes me feel bad to see him that way.

2 comments:

The Walker Family said...

Sorry Grampie didn't appreciate your cupid poop. I would have. Anything is better than nothing! Since that is what I get, I did talk George into washing a load of clothes for me. He even "fluffed" them up in the dryer for me this morning so they would be warm when I put them on. The only problem was that he didn't was the shirt I really wanted to wear! I forgot to tell him that! But my pants sure were warm! He really does love me!

ok, after all that typing, I still have to type in those stupid security letters! URRHH!!

the Villamor's said...

Makes me hurt that Grampie is having a hard time. He was really getting better at noticing you and all you do(my complimenting you and such) so you know he must be really sick to not react to chocolate even if it was made to look like poop!

Sorry it has an effect(or is that affect) on you too Mom. I love you. Maybe you should mail yourself a card;)...oh wait....I could send you one!

Love you lots and love that I can read your thoughts/happenings each day!

Also glad I could put a smile on your face when you saw I had put 7 comments on your blog. It is like when I would sign people's birthday cards with a lot of silly names "to make them feel like they have friends" ha!

And if Kathy Best reads this long comment I just want to say thanks for setting my parents up on that date and for being such a great friend to my Mama!