Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Just a little off the top.....

After washing my hair this morning, I decided it was time for a trim. I went into town and decided to go to the Shoe Store and get a new pair of shoes first. I found out that if I didn't get my hair dried with the blow dryer it was only $14.00 instead of $18.00 . I got a pair of shoes (which I'll take back tomorrow) and then got my hair cut. I said ," take off just a little", but I think the girl was paid by the pile of hair on the floor by her chair! It's short, but as I always say, "It'll grow!"

I came home and made one card. I think I'm burned out or something. I sit down to make a card and no inspiration comes. I guess I got spoiled by the double sided paper I had . The paper was so pretty I didn't have to change it much in order for it to look good. I have five more cards to make from the kit I bought so I guess I had better make the rest of them. If I take a break from card making, maybe the creative muse will return. What is a "muse'? It's a noun meaning a state of deep thought or dreamy abstraction, a source of inspiration. The word is from Greek mythology and is any of the nine sister goddesses of learning and the arts and it is from Middle English. That's enough of the English literature lesson. You won't be tested on it, but it would be good to remember what it means.

1 comment:

the Villamor's said...

glad there is no test...I am the worsest tester-taker! How was that for proper grammar!

I had a little taken off the bottom of my hair yesterday too! thankfully it wasn't a pile!