Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Stormy Night

Last night was very stormy in the south. It had been 75 degrees all day and a cold front moved in. I heard one of the local forecasters say to put the weather radio on and I did.(wrong!) At about 3:00 AM the alarm woke me up. I got up and found Dad looking at the TV weather. Thank heavens the bad weather missed us, but I'll never put the weather radio on again. I had trouble going back to sleep after that. I slept in this morning.
Today was Karen and my play day. We decided to go shopping and ended up in town. We went to this little store in the Quizno's Pizza group of stores(I don't remember it's name) to see what all it had. I had been there once with Mary Kate and Richard but didn't remember what all it had. It has church stuff, like flannel board stories of the Old Testament, home school supplies and some scrapbook stickers and other miscellaneous things. It was interesting. Then we found the quilting store and Karen wanted to find some material that looked like stones. She has a project that she needs material for paths and rock walls. No luck there. Next on to Big Lots. I got some dry erase markers, some pencil erasers and a $5.00 scrapbook kit. I figured I would get my money's worth in the paper alone. I make a couple of cards after I got home. I'm beginning to wonder what I'm going to do with all the cards. Paper my room with them I guess. They're the only thing that is keeping me sane right now.
I've decided to go to the stamp party this Sat. Karen said I could read about the meeting in the next Ensign.
Frankie called around 5:00PM saying they had arrived in FL okay. Someone is putting them up in a hotel or motel, which is nice. I think he said the funeral is Fri. or Sat. Rachel's brother, Jason Cummings, is flying in. He said it took about 12 hrs. to get there.
That's a nice picture of my eternal companion at the front of the blog. Thank's Trudy. Now, to get Dad to look at it.

1 comment:

The Walker Family said...

I'm glad that you like your husband's picture. It was the best on that I had in my pictures. I think he's handsome myself! You did good by snagging him!