Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday, 2-11-08

I called in my order for Stampin' Up and Mary Rager, the teacher, stopped by and got my check. She also brought me a silver pen and several of her stamps for me to have fun with while awaiting my order to come in.

I vacuumed the floors and then waited until 3:15PM for my appointment to see Dr. Moore. He has lots of patients and I waited an hour before I got in a room, but he's worth waiting for. He took x-rays of my bent knee. The ligaments on the outside of the knee are shortened and the ligaments on the inside are stretched out. The knee hasn't buckled yet and there's no pain the pain medicine won't take care of, so it's my choice as to when I have the knee replaced. It's just a matter of time. Oh joy.

I used Mary's stamp of a basket of flowers and a small stamp the says,"Your kindness makes my heart blossom" and made a card. I stamped 6 baskets and colored them with the pieces of chalk I had left. Then I cut the baskets out. The fun was in the details. One card can take a lot of time to make but the joy is in the making. I got some free stamps with my order and one is about birthdays. We made a card at the party with these same stamps and I can't wait to make some Birthday cards with them.

Tony Allen had an operation on his back for a pinched nerve and I got a card "Thinking of You" and gave dad to send to Tony. I'll have to start giving away cards soon or I'll have to sleep in the basement!

2 comments:

the Villamor's said...

glad you got your stamps ordered! I have some chalk you can have. I bought it for my scrapbook and never really learned how to use it. It is a nice set.

My back was hurting this morning....can I get a "thinking of you" card? :) hah hah

The Walker Family said...

yeah, mom. I'm not feeling well and I would like to have an advancement on my birthfay money, could you put the money in a birthday card and send it along with my niot feeling well card? And the next time we come over for the night, I call your bed and you and the kids can really sleep in the basement, casue I'm not!