Sunday, February 17, 2008

Good Sunday

All the meetings were good. Maybe because I was all there, I wasn't just going through the motions. I took 32 cards to the Rel. Soc. secretary. There use to be someone who sent out cards for birthdays but they don't anymore. Our home teachers came over and gave us blessings. That will help, plus maybe dad's increase in the prednisone will catch up with him and make him feel better. Thanks for your kind thoughts Mary Kate. They help.

Tomorrow I'll go to the Wellness Center for the exercise class and then come home and do chores. Tues., I take the birds to Hartselle to the vet. They need nails
and wings trimmed. Wed., I take dad to H'ville to see Dr. Phillips. Both of those activities will take up most of the days on which they occur. Not complaining or anything...but I do reserve the right to complain!

Mary Kate, this morning in Rel.Soc., they gave out notebooks and two pages for Jan., water storage, from the Food Storage notebook you gave us. Our Ward is going to be doing it all this year! I guess I need to go along with it too. Although I already have some of the stuff stored.
Someone in the Stake knew some Amish people who were selling canned meat and I ordered 2 cased of beef today. Hopefully, it will be better than that canned beef I got at Costco. I'm feeling good now. Thanks for the comments and the prayers.

When I told Karen that Sadie wasn't playing much with her dolls, she offered to buy back the one doll I have and the one Trudy bought from her. Sadie will probably want to keep her doll but my doll told me she wanted to go to Karen's house because there she would have someone to play with and she's bored here (and getting dusty). I only paid $30.00 for her, but I can find somewhere to put the money. What if someone really thinks I talk to the doll! Wartty-har=har!! (no one needs to know my secretes, do they.....tee-hee-giggle!!). I'd better quit or someone will think I'm being serious.

6 comments:

the Villamor's said...

No wondering here....I know you are serious!! And who reads your blog besides your biggest fans anyway! And your secret is safe with us! I ain't tellin....and yea ain't is a word! hardy har har!

Your post is upbeat Mom...that was nice to read! Our friends just left and I was going to call but decided to wait until...

the Villamor's said...

we had prayers....but the kids are in the playroom with Richard spelling(yeah...sounds as odd as it sounds from in here) so I washed the pans from dinner and checked your blog.

the Villamor's said...

and now i am replying....but i forgot whatelse i was going to tell you....oh now i remember but I will put it in another comment just as soon as I type

kaqpnb

hey i did that without looking at my fingers...and no i didn't take typing Mom because I was in the band!

the Villamor's said...

i loved your quick whit on the phone tonight when I told you I cried earlier when you didn't call me back and you said "well that is good because I didn't want to hear that sniffling on the phone"! You are soooo funny!

the Villamor's said...

so now who is the weird one!

ehsbf

the Villamor's said...

Oh and I forgot to tell you that I have been using Grandmommy's china when we have guests over. It is so nice-looking on the table with my new silverware! Now I just want to get some nice glasses!