Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday Night

Had a good day. Drove into town to get some gas and then on to Wal-Mart for some Zantac for my stomach acid and I got a five drawer plastic container for my stamps and ink pads and there is lots of room for other things. I wondered if it would make my room too cluttered, but I had cleaned out my closet floor and there was room for my sewing machine. Now the new container sits beside my table and every thing fits just fine. Thanks for a basement! It's a life saver. No room for something, just put it in the basement. I haven't started on a new card yet. I did assemble the various parts, but I haven stamped or anything.

Speaking of the basement, last Sunday I asked Sis. Lobel, the church organist, if she would like the organ I have. She seemed interested but hasn't called. I'll see her tomorrow and will ask her again. That is a nice place for more food storage shelves. I really have to make a run to Sam's soon. Gas has gone up to $3.14 a gal. I think that is what it was. It had been $2.99. At the grocery store, most things I would put into the cart was a dollar or more. Now it's $2-3 an item.

Here's a recipe for self-rising flour. If you don't have any self-rising flour, use one cup of all-purpose flour and add 1 &1/2, 1 1/2. one and one half teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of table salt. I don't bake anymore but I saw this in Heloise and thought it was a good idea to know. Also, don't wash your clothes with any towels. The towel will leave lint on the other clothes. It's been years but I've finally caught on to this one. Plus, it was in my "The Queen of Clean" everything book. My mother didn't get a washer and dryer until I was in college so I was ignorant of how to treat the laundry. I would take clothes to the laundromat for her but I didn't know anything about measuring the soap. I just poured in the soap until I thought it was enough. At the university, I thought I would Clorox my sheets, so after I put them in the machine with the soap, I poured the Clorox right on the sheets. Several weeks later when I noticed big holes in my sheets, I realized what caused them! Even today, I am Clorox shy. Got to go read my Relief Society lesson.

No comments: