Monday, March 2, 2015

Doggie, Doggie

Went to exercise today. I had missed all of last week and I could tell it in my legs as we exercised. I can go exercise at the Round Island church tomorrow if I can fit it in with Frank's appointments. We go too the Athens-Limestone hospital tomorrow morning at 8 AM to get a nuclear medicine shot and then come back at 1 PM to get a bone scan. Exercise is at 10 AM and if Frank doesn't mind, I will go.

I got a call from Beverley who is the foster mother of Rhett, a male Yorkie. She lives in Moulton, AL which is about an hour from our house. She told me all about Rhett. He's 2 years old and has a cataract on one eye and has had surgery on the other eye for a cataract. I would have to take him to B'ham to get his eyes checked in 3 months. Mary Kate said maybe she could come up and stay with her Dad so I could go with Beverley to B'ham to take Rhett to his eye appointment. Once I know the way to go, it wouldn't be hard to take him myself. It's only about 1 1/2 hrs to B'ham. Beverley said Rhett was a very loving dog and is 8 pounds and has long legs for a Yorkie. I was wondering how he would get up on my bed and wondering if I had to get doggie steps for him. She said he jumped over a baby gate once so I bet he can jump on the bed. Beverley and Rhett will be coming up Saturday so we can meet them. She called Dr Jan's office to check on me and they gave us a glowing recommendation. I can't imagine having a dog in the house again. I will be getting some exercise walking the dog now. That's what I need is the exercise plus the sweet companionship of a little doggie. Wonder how the birds will react? They didn't react to Belle, my Poodle. She's been gone since 2005. Hopefully, Rhett won't bother the birds. Time will tell.

We're supposed to have some bad weather Thursday. I don't know exactly what the forecast is but I've heard people talking about it. Hopefully there will be no more snow. March is a hard month. If it warms up too much, there's the risk of tornadoes and it still can be very cold in March. It was April 28th of last year that the tornado took most of our woods out and left such a mess.

No comments: