Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Wednesday

Went to exercise and then to Walmart for groceries. The canned beans I use to make my goulash, and they were the Walmart brand, went up 4 cents a can. No telling what else went up. I was able to get lots of fresh veggies and they all fit in the refrigerator. Sometimes I wonder how I will fit it all in. Mary Kate, Nate and Sophia are coming Saturday night late. Nate has a camping trip, Boy Scouts, to the USS Alabama, a ship in Mobile. Mary Kate will pick him up Saturday and then they will come up here. Nate got the tennis ball picker-upper I sent him. I forgot to tell MK I was sending it to Nate and they didn't know where it came from.

I'm doing laundry today. I've got three loads going. I ordered another music collection book from Amazon. I need to play the piano before I loose all of my technique. I just don't want to or have any reason to play. When I was playing for choir, I practiced 2-3 times a week. I had a reason to practice. Music is a communal thing. It's not a solitary thing.

Jordan is so sweet. I took him out for a stroll but he wouldn't urinate. I found the reason when I came back in the house. He had used the piddle pad I have in front of the bird cages. That's okay for that's why I had the pad there. Belle was trained to the pads and that's where they were for her. He's been waiting for me to take him out in the early morning when we get up. We go right out. It' usually still almost dark and I just wear a coat over my night gown. When it gets lighter and hotter, I'll have to put on some clothes.

I've lost 5 lbs. now. I hope the little exercise I get with Jordan will help with the weight loss. I've found an exercise chair in one of my catalogs that I might get. You can sit or stand by the chair and do all sorts of exercises with bands, etc. I thought about getting it for Frank, but then I realized it would be good for me and then I could include him in whatever exercises he could do. Some of the exercises looked like some of the exercises we do at Silver Sneakers.

The Greenies I ordered for Jordan came in today. I gave him one and he eventually ate it but he hasn't overly impressed with it. It is in the shape of a little tooth brush. They are to keep his teeth clean. He's gained some weight and doesn't look so thin any more. He eats about 1 cup of Hill's Science Diet Adult Small and Toy Breed. I'm ordering it on Amazon on a monthly basis. I have some fancy dry dog food I got at Pet Depot that if he doesn't like it I can take it back and get my money back. Ha, fat chance! I would use the money to buy treats for him. I'll see if he won't eat it after the Hill's food is gone.

No comments: