Friday, March 27, 2015

Big Day

Took Frank to Dr Morgan for his procedure and got home by 10:30 AM. Trudy had come in at 4:30 AM. Jordan had barked but I was able to go back to sleep. I come home and baked cookies-the frozen kind you just put in the oven-for the girls for the craft day.

Trudy had the craft. It was using the cricket to cut out letters of our last names and the year we were married and painting this on burlap and then tacking this onto barn wood with upholstery tacks. The girls did their names on their wood and since they share a room, they will connect the separate pieces of wood with ribbon and hang it on their doors. Trudy and I made one for the Deckers. They have been so good to our family and I didn't want to make one for myself because my walls are full of stuff, but Carol made one for me and it will look good where Trudy said to put it. It says, Layton, Est 1968. Burlap with black lettering on old wood planks. It turned out very good. Jordan got a little excited with all the people around and he seemed to be a little nippy sometimes. I had to watch him but all in all he did good. It tired him out. He's ready to go to bed now and so am I.


No comments: