Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Busy Day

Got up at 5:30 AM and took Jordan out, came in and got ready to leave for H'ville at 7 AM. Frank got up early, too, so he had finished breakfast by the time Karen got over here. We got into Huntsville 10 minutes before my appointment at the dentist. Dr Knight adjusted my new denture and told me to wear it and my mouth would adjust to it and if it did leave any sore spots, he could tell and adjust them some more. I've had them in all day and so far they haven't hurt.

After the dentist, we went to Joann's Fabric store. We got there just as they were opening. I bought some felt and a Poodle applique for my Poodle skirt that Karen is making me for the Relief Society Through the Ages dinner.

I'm tired of dieting, just a little. I've been going over my 1,300 calorie a day limit by 300-400 calories. I ate cereal for supper tonight because I had eaten too many calories for breakfast and lunch. I set my goal for 5 lbs but I will try to make it 10 lbs if, or when, I reach my 5 lb goal.

It's been cloudy and rainy all day and just after it got dark, the sky fell out.

Frank's visit to the orthopedic Dr went well. It'll take a year for the knee to heal properly. I ordered a book about how to stop falling and I hope it will have some good suggestions in it. He might just have to use the walker for the rest of his life. He would have broken his hip a couple of times he fell but he has artificial hips and they weren't hurt. Getting old is not for wimps!

Hey, Kathy. Hope you and Bill and children and grandchildren are all doing well.

No comments: