Saturday, March 7, 2015

Got Jordan

We left at 8:00 AM to go to Trudy's and from there to Lawrenceburg, TN to get the dog, Jordan, a Poodle mix. George helped Trudy figure out how to go. We went the back roads. We almost couldn't find the place, but Trudy called the number and we were just a couple of blocks from it when she called. We were expecting a building but it was more like a row of shacks. Mary Kate paid the neutering fee, which was $80.00 and that's all we had to pay. He has a chip and everything. He was neutered 3 days ago and he is still quite sore there. I took him out a couple of times after we got back and he did his business. He walks on a leash well. The last time we were out, he started getting frisky with me while we were coming up the ramp and acted like he wanted to play. He even wagged his tail for me once tonight. I tried moving his doggie bed, which he loves, into my room for the night, but he left my room and went back into the living room so I moved his bed back where he was used to having it. George loaned me a kennel and I put Frank's lambs skin in it and tomorrow when we go to church, I'll put Jordie in the kennel with a peanut butter chew and he can stay there while we're at church.

I ordered a couch cover but it won't stay on the couch and it didn't come with any instructions so it's going back to Amazon. I believe Jordie will like his bed better than the couch anyway. I do have a towel on my straight back chair seat because he likes to get up there.

He finally came back to my room where I am typing on the computer. I put him on my bed and he's happy. Maybe he'll stay with me tonight. I'll get up early so I can take him out before we go to church.

No comments: