Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Jordan

I talked with the lady from the TN Animal Rescue and Shelter and told her I wanted Jordan. He was to be neutered today and we can pick him up tomorrow but I told her we were going to have some bad weather and that it would probably be Saturday before we could get him. I got on Amazon and ordered a couch and recliner cover and a pet bed and some food. I found Belle's old red collar and I have a retractable leash coming from Amazon. All we have too do is wait for the roads to be clear and we can go pick him up. Trudy has Mary Kate's crate that we can use. The dog's owner got Alzheimer's and was put in a home and the dog went to the shelter. We will give him a good home. This will be my last dog. In 10 years, I will be 82. Our birds may still be alive but the bird vet would take them for us, I believe. Mary Kate would take Jordan if something happened to me. It's exciting but the wait is bad.

A winter advisory has been put out for most of North AL. The rain will turn to sleet/snow by tomorrow morning and the roads will be iced over. I stopped by Walmart just to get some diet Pepsi and ended getting 2 cases of caffeine-free regular Pepsi and I can't or won't drink it! What a dumb mistake. I have a few cans of diet left. I'll drink water instead.

Went to the Dr today for a follow-up visit. I see him every 6 months. I mentioned the tingling I have in my hands and feet and ear but he didn't know what it was. I got some blood work done to check my levels of B-12. I don't eat anything except ground turkey so I could be deficient in B-12.

It was 70 degrees today but the cold front brought rain and the temperature cooled down quite a bit. I surely hate the ice and snow and hopefully this will be the last of it for us.

No comments: