Friday, March 6, 2015

No Mail, Or So I Thought

The mail didn't come at it's usual time, so I went out to Pet Depot and bought a leash and some dog food and some treats. If the dog doesn't like the food, I can take it back.  It was pretty expensive but I wanted to start Jordan off on some good stuff. The mail came around 4:30 PM and there was a package from Amazon that had the leash and dog bowls and some pee pads. The dog bowl holder was missing one of the bowls so I'm having to send it back to Amazon and they are sending me another set. I have to send the one with the missing bowl back to them but they sent me a mailing label. I should get the replacement bowls Sunday. I don't like to have things delivered on Sunday but I didn't know they would send it to me so quickly. All this waiting has been hard.

Tomorrow, we will go to Lawerenceburg, TN to pick up Jordan. Trudy is going with us. I don't know how long it will take to get there. It takes 47 minutes to get to Trudy's. Her phone will tell us how to get there. I can't believe it's time to actually get the dog. I'm so excited! I hope he won't pee on the furniture. I have some pee pads to put down if necessary and I plan to walk him several times a day. He'll be alright as soon as he settles in to his new home. I'll keep the birds in their cages until Jordan gets used to his surroundings. I hope he will sleep with me the first night. Maybe his dog bed will come in the mail tomorrow.  It will be quite a day and a fun time with Frank and Trudy and me. I will drive up there, but I'll probably let Trudy drive back if the roads are ice-free so I can begin bonding with Jordie.

No comments: