Saturday, July 18, 2009

Pioneer Day Celebration

The Pioneer Day celebration was held at the Elkmont park. There were swings and slides and a ball field for the kids and plenty of shade for the old folks. Everyone brought a dish-I brought pickles- and the Ward furnished the meat. Before we ate, someone read a pioneer story and them the Primary children sang to pioneer songs and a rock band composed of two teens played and we had another talk. Then it was time to eat. I drove to Elkmont and back.

I must have been tired for I come home and took a nap. Got up and fixed a macaroni salad. I put too much mayonnaise in it but it was light mayo. I chopped up some tomatoes and had a few baby cukes I put in and I think it'll be eatable.

I'm going to have to fine some suitcase to pack my clothes in for the trip to the nursing home. I have something, but I think it is too big. I have a really old suitcase that I don't want to use, but it's not too many times that I need a suitcase for anything, so why worry about it now. I'll check on the one that I think is too big. I'll do it now.

No comments: