Friday, July 24, 2009

My Earliest Memories

The first thing I can remember is getting dressed up to get my picture taken with my brother. We were living with my grandmother is Jasper, AL. My Dad's job with TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) was over and he couldn't find a house in Tuscumbia so my Mother, brother and I were living in Jasper with Mamoo (That's what we called our grandmother, Joanna Gertrude Jackson Palmer). Our grandfather had already passed away by then. I think my brother went to the first grade there.

I must have been 2 1/2 or 3 years old when this picture was taken. I had on this little white dress with ruffled sleeves on it. my brother had a brown shirt on. I remember this picture because the man who was taking the picture told me not to put my feet on the light cloth we were sitting on.

This group of pictures were in a bamboo frame with 5 oval cut outs for the pictures and it hung in my mother's home. I have them now, somewhere.

No comments: