Thursday, July 23, 2009

Looking For Ideas

Since we both had Dr appointments Wednesday, Karen and I didn't take a trip anywhere so we said we would go today. Karen has the wedding of her son Brent to go to during the Thanksgiving holidays out in Utah, so she wanted to go to H'ville to do some shopping so she could get some ideas on what sort of dress she'll need. The wedding is going to cost the brides family about$10,000 so the reception is going to be formal-floor length dresses and just suites for the men. I like LDS weddings for they are inexpensive but I guess one can spend as much money as one wants. We looked at Ross, Belk's and Penny's. Karen got some ideas and took pictures of pieces of clothing she liked. We got home in time for me to get the garbage out!

While we were in H'ville, I had Karen to take me to Airport Rd. to the Oreck store to get some new charcoal filters. At first the young man said he couldn't just give us new filters that it would cost them too much. I told him we had spent a lot of money buying the filters and the smell was so bad, we couldn't use them. He made a phone call and another young man came in and he smelled the filters and found that two of them smelled "funny", so he gave me four new filters still in the packaging. It's best to keep the customers happy. These new filters smell and we are going to put them outside in the sunlight to see if the sun won't get rid of the smells. It's always something!

No comments: