Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Almost

I was 38 miles from the Florida state line today but I hadn't brought my swim suit so I had to turn around and go back home. Ha-ha-ha! Actually, it was "we" and we show nuf almost made it to Florida without knowing it!

I went with Trudy and Sadie to Troy, AL, down below Montgomery, to make a police report about Trudy's purse being stolen. We got a late start, didn't leave until 11:00 AM, but made it to Troy in about 41/2 hours. We spent some time in the campus police station filling out a report and then we went to Ruby Tuesday's to eat. When we left there we took a left turn instead of a right and there in lies the tale of our Florida trip.

After about 45 minutes of driving, Trudy decides she doesn't recognize the territory so we stop at a rest station and ask directions. It seems we had been traveling south instead of traveling north! We were 38 miles from the Florida state line! I don't know how much time we lost but we got turned around and headed for home. I had parked by car at Calhoun Community College. Trudy and Sadie dropped me off about 11:30 PM and I got home at 12:00 AM. It was a wonderful trip and I wouldn't have changed a thing! It's not every day one gets to travel the length of the state with people you love. We talked the entire trip and still had things to say when we parted. Yes, this was the day we ALMOST made it to Florida!

1 comment:

The Walker Family said...

This will always be "A Tale to Tell!" Both Sadie and I had a the time of our lives! It was like it was meant to be, wasn't it? We will always remember this trip! The next time MK is here, us girls need to hope in the van and start driving... FUN! Thanks again for going with us. I love you!