Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Day After...

Today, I picked up Karen Decker and we drove to the Coon Dog Cemetery in Colbert Co. Most of the roads were good and straight but when we turned off of Hy 72 the road narrowed and began to be very hilly. We drove about, oh, I don't know exactly how far it was, and we thought we had missed it, when there it was, Coon Dog Cemetery. It was full of headstones with the names of the dogs and the owners and it was set in a grove of trees. One grave had a cement log going up like a tree trunk and a dog looking like he was treeing a coon. It had a chain link fence and razor wire a top the fence! The owner didn't want anyone messing with that grave. I took lots of pictures for Dad to see.

We stopped at Ruby Tuesday's and had the same lunch as Trudy and Sadie and I had the day we went to Troy. Eating a Tall Cake two days in a row has surely gotten me spoiled! We drove over 100 miles today and when I got home I lay down for a spell and Frank got me up about 5:45 PM. I wasn't hungry for supper but ate a bowl of cereal later on.

After the cemetery, I drove through Tuscumbia, Sheffield and Florence and then we came home.

1 comment:

The Walker Family said...

sounds like you had lots of fun! And I love the name of the cemetary. I want to be burried somewhere where the name says it all!