Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fresh Air

I forgot to take my medicine but didn't know it 'till lunch time. I went to exercise class and came home afterwards-no, I forgot. I went by the P.O. to mail Kathy Best some cards and then I stopped by the pharmacy and then on to Dr. Moore's office for one last visit before August 11, my other knee operation time. Then, I stopped by Dollar General and got a gallon of milk and then I came home. Dad had found some air cleaners on sale in H'ville and he wanted to go get them TODAY! I rested a while before we set out. Orick had moved and were 10 miles down on Airport Rd. We bought 4 units and when we got them home and opened them up they stank! Dad carried them downstairs and put them in the bathroom to air out! Looks we're on the merry-go-round again.

I found that my soft suitcase with wheels would be ideal to pack in for the nursing home. I'll have room for a blanket and pillow too. It's good to know what clothes to take this time. Trudy was a lifesaver last visit and I'll be wearing the clothes she got for me then.

Trudy asked me, at my age, 66, did I get what I was expecting. I don't know what to expect from the future, but I'm happy with myself and after the operation I hope to be happier!

No, Mary Kate, or I don't know how Dad picked the company that fixed our windshield. The one that did it said you couldn't see the repair and the other company said up front that you would see the repair. The insurance co. paid for the repair. They had rather pay a small amount for the ding than to pay for en entire new windshield.

I got this neat T-shirt from the American Cancer Society that is light pink and has brown letters that say, "Fight like a Girl" on it. I like it.

1 comment:

the Villamor's said...

So I guess you didn't have any side effects from forgetting your meds?

Can't believe your surgery is just around the corner!

We need to send you a list of questions to answer about your life. Like....what is your earliest memory? Or when did you know you wanted to study music?