Thursday, July 9, 2009

Another Thursday

I got up late this morning, 8:30 AM. Ruth was coming to pick blueberries and I cooked dinner. She had her two grandboys with her. They were cute and very nice and they helped pick berries. Today is the first time I've been out to the blueberry bushes. I don't cook with them and eat only a little of them so I'm glad Ruth wants them.

After lunch, Sadie and I went to Walmart grocery shopping. Dad got involved in helping Sadie wash her clothes but he found out what I already knew, that the perfume that is in some washing detergent, can't be washed out. He gets so upset about smells.

Ruth brought some fresh tomatoes and cukes and green beans and a few okra pods and some bread and butter pickles and some jam. I cooked the beans for lunch and they were very good. Supper was comprised of brats on hot dog buns and a piece of cake Sadie made today. It called for a stick of butter instead of oil and that really make a difference in the taste. The frosting was vanilla. I had two pieces today and hope to stay out of it until it is gone! All the weight I've gained back is due to sweets...Mumm.m.m.m, how I love sweets!

No comments: