Friday, August 1, 2008

Thursday's Activities

I left for Bubba's house around 12:30 PM. I got gas and then went to Waldgreens to get a silly ball I had seen the day before for Will. I got there about 30 min. before the rest of the family got back from the Space and Rocket Ctr. Katie and Harrison and one of his friends were there. Bill and Lynn and Will and one of Ruth's grandsons made up the rest. We sat on the carport watching the boys play kick ball until a storm blew up and dumped 1 1/2" of rain on us. After the rain, we saw 2 armadillos out walking on the drive way! They were quite tame and didn't seem to mind us watching them. Bubba figured that the rain had flushed them out of their burrows. It was quite a treat to see them. Katie and the boys left to drive to B'ham right before the storm came but she called to say she had gotten home safely.

After supper, it looked like another storm was coming. The news said Athens had gotten a lot of rain and I called Dad to see how the weather was before I left for home. It rained when I got on I 65 for a little bit but then was dry enough to drive 70 mph. Going down, the 18 wheelers were driving less than 70 mph but at night they were back to driving over 70.

It was good seeing Bill, Lynn and Will. Bill will or is 41 yrs. old and Lynn is 40. Will is 5, I believe. He's a little young for his age and they held him back in school. He'll be in the 1st grade when school starts. Bill bought a 1991 Miata. ,White, like his dad's. Their other 2 vehicles get less than 20 mpg and the Miata will get over 30. Bill has taken the math test to be a school teacher and he said it was so easy that he might take the physics test too. He'll be teaching 7-12 grades. Their home is paid for and they have large gardens which they plan to sell veggies from. I tried to find my pea sheller for Bill but I couldn't find it in the basement. He wants to get one that will do more than one purple hull pea at a time. He said a bushel of purple hull peas would bring $27.00! They plan to do a lot of work in their gardens. Ah, to be young again!

1 comment:

the Villamor's said...

glad you had a fun trip! I sure wish we knew our cousins more.