Sunday, August 3, 2008

Nap Day

Sundays are a good day to nap. Especially if you went to church. Not that church is especially strenuous, but a three hour block to time for church does put a demand on you faculties.

Of course, you know I was talking about my Primary class. I was so prepared that I didn't take any notes. The lesson was about the Good Samaritan. I had cut outs and then as part of the lesson we played, "Let's Go Down to Jericho". In this, we had one child sit in a chair and be the hurt man and the rest of us walked around the room and played the Priest and the Levite and one child was the good Samaritan. I had fun but that activity didn't last long enough. The lesson was on being kind, so I had pipe cleaners that we made into hearts. Each time they did a secret kindness for someone they were to leave a heart behind. I don't know if anyone remembered what the hearts were for after they left class! That didn't take up much time so I got out the pictures of the four characters in the Good Samaritan story for them to color and cut out. The majority of the children enjoyed that but Sarah, who is an only child whose parents read to her lots, wanted something else to do, so I got out the secret weapon, the Play Doh. Boy, did they take to that! Finally the time expired and the bell rang. Another Primary day under my belt.

1 comment:

the Villamor's said...

Great lesson Granny! I can picture you in there with those little ones having a great time!!