Friday, August 29, 2008

Historical Days

Yesterday history was made when the Democratic Party choose Barack Obama to be its presidential nominee and he is a black man. John McCain has chosen a woman, Gov. Palen, from Alaska, to be his vice-president. It is a very interesting election this time. Usually, I don't care for politics, but if Obama gets elected, we'll get government health care and he wants to change the country in ways that would not be good. If McCain is elected, people will say we are a racist nation. There's always an excuse for people who want one.

I really wanted to go back to bed this morning, but I did go to the Senior Ctr. for exercise. I have the book of exercises and Jan wants me to lead the group. She and Barbara are the only ones doing it and it would be good to have some extra help. I'll get together with her and write down the exercises and the order they are done in and then I'll try to lead the group.

Bought some groceries today. The oil in the car needs changing. Maybe I'll get it done tomorrow. My SU order is in so I'll have to see when Mary wants to deliver it before I do anything. I finished another card. I wish I had used another color ribbon on it, but I will be more careful with the next card.

No comments: