Thursday, August 21, 2008

Visiting Teaching

Pauline and I met at Jan Laytham's house at 9:30 AM. We then got Rachel Bathauer and Mary Lou Hill. Mary Lou told us how her daughter, Pat, was doing with her mother-in-law living with them. The mother-in-law is living in the living room. She should be in a nursing home, but she made her boys promise years ago that they wouldn't put her in a nursing home and now they are having to take care of her. Pat is on our V.T. list also. I don't know if she would want us to come visit her in her situation.

I got to Jan Laytham's place a few minutes early and she told me that the Primary Pres. will be asking me to give up my class and play the piano. Jan's the Primary sec. and they had just had the meeting where they discussed my move. I'm glad but sad too. All of the children are precious, even the two who are very active, but I will be glad to be at the piano. I guess my new Tote will go to Sadie. I'll use it this Sunday and then Trudy can buy it. It's really a nice tote but it's more for scrap booking now that I won't be needing it in Primary.

Remember the pipe cleaners I couldn't find? I put a note on the kitchen counter reminding me to buy some more tomorrow when I'm in town. When Dad saw the note, he asked if I needed some cleaners and that he had some. After I told him about mine I couldn't find, he set out to find them and he did! I had put them in a file drawer that the printer is sitting on! One of my stamps is categorized as being in 01. I have no idea where o1 is! Fortunately, the stamp is out where I know where it is. I have a shoe box where I but the extra large stamps in and the stamps are labeled "big 10" or "big 8", but I have no idea where "01" was going to be.

No comments: