Saturday, August 9, 2008

Sane Saturday

I didn't post Thursday because I was going to the Temple that afternoon. I don't remember why I didn't post Friday.

Today I had the card party but I was brain tired from the activities of the week, so I stayed home. Mary (SU demonstrator) brought the new catalog and two cards they made by for me. I haven't made any cards in a while.

We had a wind storm the other day and a lot of pears were blown off the top of one of the trees. The pears from the other tree got riper than the ones on the first tree. I must do something with the pears next year except give them away. A few of the big ones the were blown down had splits where they had hit the ground, so I tried to cut away the bad places. They need to ripen, too.

The weather is in the high 80' today. Yesterday too. I look forward to the cooler weather in the fall. Fall and Spring are my favorite seasons. I want to get a blazer coat this year. It would look dressier than a sweater and would go will everything. I would like it to be leather too! Who knows if I'll get one or not...(the Shadow knows).

We need to get new storm door for the front and back of the house. We were going to stop at Lowe's the day we went to H"ille, but we were tired and didn't want to fool with it. The house will look a lot better with new doors on it. When it rained Thursday, it blew against the house and cleaned away the little bug droppings that get on the siding. It saved me having to get the hose out and bathe the house, the front , it is. I looked at the inside edge of the siding where the little bugs like to live and they had nests of straw built just inside the siding! I think they are tiny spiders who lay in wait for smaller bugs to travel close to their nests and they snare them. It would be okay with me if they didn't leave such a mess behind them. I'm going to spray the edge of the siding with bug spray and hope it doesn't turn the siding purple!

No comments: