Sunday, August 31, 2008

Good Sunday

The Decker's were on time this morning so we weren't late for church. The Sacrament meeting was good and we were to practice the Primary program during the rest of church. Before we got started, I was asked to go to the nursery to help out. I did and had a nice time. At first, there were several adults there with about 10 small children. I just sat and watched. As the time went on, the other adults left and I was there with Christa Brown who is the director of the nursery. After my ordeal with my Primary class, I didn't know how I was going to like the nursery, but I was surprised, I liked it. Now I know if I'm asked to help in the nursery full time, I will like it. But I will be at the piano.

Thursday is Temple day and I'm excited about going. Karen said she would be going too and it's always fun when she goes too. It's great when we ride down in Billy Geer's van, we are church members but after two sessions at the Temple, we ride home as family members. It's a real neat feeling.

Bros. Decker and Hill came Home Teaching this afternoon. Bro. Decker is assistant Scout Master and they took the Athens boys and the Fayette Ward boys canoing. Forrest came up to Bro. Decker and said, "you're my granny's Bishop", but he said, "No", he was our home teacher. He said Forrest did a good job helping some younger boys with their canoe.

Mary Kate and her family went to Stone Mt., GA for the Labor Day week-end. They pulled their camper. Some where along the line they had car trouble and it over heated. I don't know all the details but she called us several times for moral support. I hope they were able to drive the van safely home. A friend was going to tow the camper back for them. They called someone locally to see if they could help them, but he didn't want to spend the $10.00 it would cost to get into the park to pick up Richard, even though he would get his money back right then. He didn't think it was a right thing to do on a Sunday. Jesus helped people on the Sabbath. If you ox falls into the mire on a Sunday, you get him out. You just make sure you didn't push him in the mire in the first place!

No comments: