Monday, August 4, 2008

Every Day Monday

I did the usual, exciting things for a Monday. I went to exercise and then on to the Shrine to buy some groceries. I didn't have a list but Dad did want some cereal so I knew I needed that. I bought some canned veggies that were different from what we usually eat and some cans of fruit to go with the cottage cheese I already have. I bought two compacts of powder. One came with some Cover Girl make-up so I now have some new make-up plus some new powder. I don't want to have to put on full battle dress (make-up) just to go to exercise or to town, so I'll just put the powder on.

I've been studying my Primary lesson about being a good example. The more I read it, the more I can see how I can use it with my students. Then, I got my e-mail and found out that I have sharing time the 4th Sun. this month! I've never done a sharing time in my life! I found a lesson on Sugardoodle,"I Can Prepare for Baptism", that looks like I might be able to do. There'll be a whole lot of studying going on these next few weeks. It had to happen sometime, the sharing time, that is, but I just wish it hadn't happened at all!!

Dad has a Dr.'s apt. Wed, so I guess the trip to Cook's museum will have to be postponed until later. I know, Mary Kate, you didn't enjoy it, but it is a neat place to visit at least once in your life. It was another hot day. 95 plus degrees with the heat index around 103-4. I once knew a song that said only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the noon day sun! I know they're having quite a heat wave in the Western states but they will probably be cooled off by the hurricane that's due to hit Texas soon. We've had just enough rain to make the grass grow right after it was mowed. Enough of this twaddle. I'll just get ready for bed and read over my sharing time lesson!

1 comment:

TheVillamorFamily said...

Sharing Time will be fun. Get your class involved Mama...maybe use one of the lessons/activites you have already done with the class....like the story of the Good Samaratin. Then have the whole primary make the hearts from pipe cleaners. If I remember correctly the purpose of class ST wasn't for the teacher to give the lesson but for the whole class to be involved.

The cook's museum was nice and i know you will enjoy it...and Karen will too:) Sophia would LOVE to go back with you and I would LOVE for YOU to take her! hardy har har